Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Pebble Club: 2015 Campaign, Part 2

As we mentioned in our previous blog post, the Pebble Club is up and running and accepting new members. We are using this campaign as an opportunity to introduce some of the great people who make up the Pebble Club. 

Meet Lindsay, Ally, and Zauyah:

Lindsay Carpenter
Connection to LeaderShape: 
In 1999, I was Director of Training for Nordstrom on the West Coast. My counterpart for the Midwest Region had attended the Institute as an undergrad at KU, then years later volunteered to be a Cluster Facilitator at a national session. He returned from that experience and called to tell me he'd signed me up to be a Cluster Facilitator! I protested - no time - but ended up doing it anyway and the rest is history - I was hooked!

Why I support LeaderShape through the Pebble Club:
The question should be why not support Pebble Club? Why miss the opportunity to show support for an organization I work for and totally believe in and represent when I facilitate? For a very nominal fee you also get a T-shirt - how cool is that!!!

One piece of advice I would share with someone participating in a LeaderShape program is:
When participating in a LeaderShape experience, approach with an open mind and just let it happen. No two experiences will ever be the same. Facilitating the Institute reaffirms my value system and solidifies my passions. Plus the conversations that ensue during that week are far more profound than those I normally have with life-long friends.  It is a special time, savor every minute.

I live the lessons and mission of LeaderShape in my own life by/through: 
I look at my prioritized values all the time and strive to live life according to those values. In retirement, I am giving back to my community on a daily basis through volunteer work. By being the best authentic me, I make my immediate surroundings a more just, thriving, caring space.


Ally Vertigan​
Connection to LeaderShape: 
​2009 Elmhurst College Institute participant, 2010 Elmhurst College Institute On-Site Coordinator​.


Why I support LeaderShape through the Pebble Club: 
​LeaderShape instilled in me a belief that one person can make a difference, in any cause and in any circumstance. It also taught me that being idle in the pursuit of justice is not an option; it will take all of us to create a just, caring, and thriving world.


One piece of advice I would share with someone participating in a LeaderShape program is:
Trust the process! Give yourself fully to it and allow yourself to experience each activity as if it were the first time.​

I live the lessons and mission of LeaderShape in my own life by/through: 
​Thinking deeply and critically about my decisions, particularly how they match up with my values of integrity, authenticity, and relationship.




Zauyah Waite
Connection to LeaderShape: 
I was recommended and applied to be a Cluster Facilitator for the Institute. I participated in the June 2000 Institute held at Allerton Park in Illinois.

Why I support LeaderShape through the Pebble Club:
After I  participated in the Institute in 2000, I was sold for life. I have sponsored students from the universities I served since then and supporting LeaderShape through the Pebble Club is just one more natural progressive move.

One piece of advice I would share with someone participating in a LeaderShape program is:
Keep an open mind take in everything to gain lessons that will last a life time.

I live the lessons and mission of LeaderShape in my own life by/through: 
Although it has been 15 years since I was a facilitator at a session of the Institute, the experience affirmed for me that the best way to live and lead is with integrity. I have also strived to connect and serve alongside others who want to improve and reach their highest potential while contributing positively to their communities.


If you are ready to join the Pebble Club, you can do so by visiting the Donate page on our website. Don't forget to click the "Pebble Club" box. 

No comments: