Friday, August 21, 2015

Pebble Club: 2015 Campaign, Part 1

Not too long ago we started the Pebble Club, a giving campaign for LeaderShape. 3 years and almost 300 members later, the Pebble Club is going strong. And now it's time to kick off this year's campaign! 

The Pebble Club is filled with wonderful LeaderShape community members and advocates - and we want to introduce you to some of them! We hope you enjoy learning about our donors and why they are a part of the Pebble Club. Maybe you'll even be inspired to think about your own responses to the questions we posed to them. 

And now, the first post in our series. Meet Anne and Zak.


Anne Arseneau
Connection to LeaderShape: 
Devoted Fan and Supporter! Current Co-Lead Facilitator, former staff member, Cluster Facilitator, and my favorite role…On-Site Coordinator.

Why I support LeaderShape through the Pebble Club:
I’m privileged to be able to give my time and talent to groups that I care about. The Pebble Club is one small way to support LeaderShape. And on a deeply personal note related to the pebble used on Day 6 at the Institute, I actually played a part in adding that into the curriculum way back in the mid-90’s. While I was on staff at LeaderShape, I attended a workshop that closed out their activities using the metaphor of the ripple effect and each participant was given a pebble as a reminder. I thought it was a great metaphor and way to remember and would be a perfect thing to enhance how we close out a session of The LeaderShape Institute. It’s been a part of the curriculum ever since – so I feel a special personal connection to the Pebble Club!

One piece of advice I would share with someone participating in a LeaderShape program is:
Come prepared for introspection, connection, relationship building, and some fun!

I live the lessons and mission of LeaderShape in my own life by/through:
It’s helped me stay in the practice of being committed to being a person of integrity.  I try to work hard every day to be someone who can be trusted and respected by the people I am in relationship with. And when I mess up, I try to admit, apologize, and attend as quickly as possible.



Zak Bittinger
Connection to LeaderShape: 
Ohio State - 2010 Institute Participant, 2011 Steering Committee Member, 2012 On-Site Coordinator

Why I support LeaderShape through the Pebble Club: 
LeaderShape is a constant inspiration for why I'm in medical school. If the program can drive me to believe in myself and my vision, I know it can inspire students (and everyone else!) to achieve amazing things. And I want to help that happen in any way I can.

One piece of advice I would share with someone participating in a LeaderShape program is:
Live the program every day. Everyone gets swept up in the beauty of LeaderShape while they're participating because it's so enlightening and uniting. But it takes real strength, courage, and conviction to continue living your vision each and every Day 7.

I live the lessons and mission of LeaderShape in my own life by/through: 
Being a patient advocate. As a medical student I'm in a position where I can spend more time with patients--I can sit with them, talk with them, and listen to them and it doesn't even necessarily have to be about their conditions. I try to build my own little just, caring, thriving world inside those rooms by letting patients express themselves even while they may be suffering.



If you are ready to join the Pebble Club, you can do so by visiting the Donate page on our website. Don't forget to click the "Pebble Club" box. 

No comments: