Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Pebble Club: 2015 Campaign, Part 4

The final post in our Pebble Club series introduces you to three more donors. Meet Ted, Hope, and Viancca:

Ted Grossnickle
Connection to LeaderShape: 
Cluster Facilitator at Campus Session, Summer 2011
On-Site Coordinator at National Session, Summer 2011

Why I support LeaderShape through the Pebble Club:
I believe in supporting organizations that align with my core values and make a positive change in society.  At one point in my life, I was able to dedicate time to LeaderShape, and hope to again in the future.  Currently not having the schedule flexibility to be directly involved with LeaderShape sessions, I embrace the opportunity to stay connected via monetary support as a member of the Pebble Club.  I am proud to know that I am part of the support group that contributes to the advancement of this wonderful organization.


One piece of advice I would share with someone participating in a LeaderShape program is:
Embrace the opportunity.  Fully embrace it.  Diving in head first to this experience will be a decision you never regret when reflecting on how positively such a short amount of time could be so impactful on your life.


I live the lessons and mission of LeaderShape in my own life by/through:
Currently, I am the Director of the Michigan Creativity Association - an organization charged with creating the next generation of innovative thinkers and leaders.  I have the opportunity to live the lessons of LeaderShape by creating opportunities for K-12 students to live, lead, and learn with integrity in a creative exploration context.  Embracing a healthy disregard for the impossible, I have taken on the monumental task of providing international learning experiences for students, which have included trips to Beijing, China and Wrocław, Poland for global celebrations of student creativity.


Hope Miller Miles
Connection to LeaderShape: 
Our institution hosted the Catalyst program and has also sent students to the annual Leadershape Institute hosted by Baltimore Collegetown organization. I am also a close personal friend of Leadershape staff member Kristen Bendon Hyman.

Why I support LeaderShape through the Pebble Club:
I believe that everyone should have the opportunity to take part in this life-changing program and I fully believe in the mission of Leadershape.

One piece of advice I would share with someone participating in a LeaderShape program is: Go in with an open mind, open heart, and be open to learning something you might not have recognized in yourself and in others.

I live the lessons and mission of LeaderShape in my own life by/through:
Living with passion and remembering to make each day an opportunity to impact the world around me.


Viancca Williams
Connection to LeaderShape:
Co-Lead Facilitator

Why I support LeaderShape through the Pebble Club: 
I believe LeaderShape is the preeminent leadership and personal development program in the nation for college students. The focus on leading with integrity and having a healthy disregard for the impossible lines up with my values set and gives me hope for a better world.

One piece of advice I would share with someone participating in a LeaderShape program is: Don’t be afraid to be vulnerable! This allows you to reflect in a deeper manner on who you are and allows others to see that you’re human. 

I live the lessons and mission of LeaderShape in my own life by/through: 
Reflecting on my values daily and making sure that my decisions and actions match those values




If you are ready to join the Pebble Club, you can do so by visiting the Donate page on our website. Don't forget to click the "Pebble Club" box. 

No comments: