Thursday, August 2, 2012

of Dreams and Deeds

Those of us who work in the LeaderShape office have the great joy of hearing from participants and facilitators of The LeaderShape Institute as they share their experiences, insights, and memories. This week I received an email from Ayokunle Falomo from the University of Houston that I'd like to share it with you. You can also learn more about Ayokunle's Day 7 efforts by visiting his blog, of Dreams and Deeds.


I am a student at the University of Houston, TX, and was opportune to be at Leadershape for the Spring semester of this year with a couple of students. Leadershape for me was life changing, it transformed me to become more optimistic about life (the video of Benjamin Zander especially so - I couldn't wait to get his book, which I have now, and have read. Documented here:http://ofdreamsanddeeds.wordpress.com/2012/06/09/possibility-its-an-art/), to believe in the beauty of my dreams, having an healthy disregard for the impossible, etc. We were able to work on our individual visions, and each day after LeaderShape for me has been Day 7 trying to stay in action), which is why I created this blog: http://ofdreamsanddeeds.wordpress.com/ to document my journey towards my vision (I mentioned it in the About Section) and also to share and show how practical the lessons and experiences I've gained at LeaderShape have been. Life would be great if every person on earth had the opportunity to attend LeaderShape! Until then, I believe those of us who have attended have the responsibility to share with others the experience, which is what I'm attempting to do. Again, thanks for the opportunity, and I'm beyond grateful!

No comments: